MY FEUDAL LORD : A woman's fight for acceptance and survival
TEHMIN DURRANI'S DEVASTATING ORDEAL IN A MAN ORIENTED SOCIETY : The much-scandaled biography of Tehmina Durrani that depicted 13 long and brutal years of her marriage to Cheif Minister Mustafa Kher. A household gossip that was internationalized by her efforts to make much of her private life public. Here was a woman, who went against the unwritten code of marriage in Eastern society and made her life a public statement, open to receive all the criticism from unknown people. But by this audacious act, she lit the year's old veil on fire, hence giving voice to a hidden and dark secret our society desperately wanted to bury. Tehmina Durrani in her shocking confession made her readers the sole judge of the atrocities she faced at the hands of a man she was married to. She became the symbol of ' that woman ', but today as I finish reading her life story, I admire her more than I should. I can't hold her accountable for the deeds that deemed her a bad woman. I can't ...
Comments
Post a Comment